What you’ll need
- MIIKOKO Colour Kit
- Colour & Developer
- Clothing protection cape
- Kitchen scales
- Timer (on your phone)
See full video on how to do a Toner.
- Wear a button-up shirt
- Put on gloves and cape
- Start with dry, combed hair.
- Using kitchen scales, mix 50g of colour with 37.5g of the developer and 37.5g of water (if you have long thick hair, double these quantities).
Take a section
- Take a 4cm section on one side of the head.
Paint on Mid-Lengths
- Place your hand under the section and paint onto your mid lengths and ends of the hair using your hand as a support ‘backing’ for the brush.
Milk the Mid-Lengths
- With both hands milk the sections to ensure even spread of colour.
Work down the side of the head
- Repeat the steps above working down one side of the head.
Repeat on the other side
- Repeat action on other side. Take 4cm sections, paint on the colour and milk the hair from mid-lengths to ends.
Repeat on back section
- Repeat on back section. Take 4cm sections, paint on the colour and milk the hair from mid-lengths to ends
1. Set your timer and relax
Timing for toner
Or see your personalised instructions.
- Rinse by shampooing the hair twice and conditioning from roots to ends.