All over hair colour
What you’ll need
- MIIKOKO Colour Kit
- Colour & Developer
- Clothing protection cape
- Kitchen scales
- Timer (on your phone)
- Wear a button-up shirt
- Put on gloves and towel
- Get your hair colour buddy ready (if you have one).
- Start with dry, combed hair.
- Part your hair down the middle into two sections, then part each section from the top of the head to just behind the ear.
- Mix 50g of colour with 75g of the developer (if you have long thick hair, mix all the contents together).
- With a small scoop of colour of your brush start to paint the colour directly on to your regrowth – on both sides of your part.
- In small 2 cm sections parallel to your part, work your way down one side of the head. Use the pointy end side of the brush to take the sections.
- Repeat this on the other sections
- When finished, set your timer for 20minutes OR per your individual instructions.
- After 15 mins, start with the same section and side of the head you did the roots, now take 4cm sections.
- Place your hand under the section and paint onto your mid lengths and ends of the hair using your hand as a support ‘backing’ for the brush.
- With both hands milk the sections to ensure even spread of colour. Set timer for 5 min.
1. Set your timer and relax
Timing for roots only
Timing for roots and ends
20 minutes roots
5 minutes on ends
- Rinse by shampooing the hair twice and conditioning from roots to ends.