All over hair colour
What you’ll need
- MIIKOKO Colour Kit
- Colour & Developer
- Clothing protection cape
- Kitchen scales
- Timer (on your phone)
See full video on how to do an all over colour.
- Wear a button-up shirt
- Put on gloves and cape
- Start with dry, combed hair.
- Part your hair down the middle into two sections, then part each section from the top of the head to just behind the ear.
- Using kitchen scales, mix 50g of colour with 75g of the developer (if you have long thick hair, mix all the contents together).
If you need strong grey coverage (up to 90%), mix 50g of colour with 50g of the developer.
- With a small scoop of colour on your brush start to paint the colour directly onto your regrowth – on both sides of your part.
Take the next section
- In small 2 cm sections parallel to your part, work your way down one side of the head. Use the pointy end side of the brush to take the sections. Pinch the hair above the brush and lift.
Repeat on other side
1. Repeat the steps above on the other side of the head.
Around the ear
- Paint in an upward motion around the ear to avoid getting colour on your skin
- Repeat on step above on back section. Take small 2 cm sections, using the pointy end side of the brush to take the sections.
Paint on roots
- Saturate the brush with colour and paint on the back section of the roots.
- Repeat the same action for the back and around the neck. Lift the sections up to the top of your head and paint in an upward motion to avoid colour on your skin.
- When finished, set your timer for 20minutes OR per your individual instructions.
- After 15 mins, start with the same section and side of the head you did the roots, now take 4cm sections.
- Place your hand under the section and paint onto your mid lengths and ends of the hair using your hand as a support ‘backing’ for the brush.
- With both hands milk the sections to ensure even spread of colour. Set timer for 5 min.
Set Timer & Relax
1. Set your timer and relax
Total timing for roots and ends
20 minutes roots
5 minutes on ends
Or see your personalised instructions.
- Rinse by shampooing the hair twice and conditioning from roots to ends.
Hair colour hints
Want to know our top tips to get the best hair colour results? Read below <
1. Take 2cm sections to apply the root colour. It will give you the most even result.
2. Choose the colour that is most similar to your natural colour
This will give the hair a nice colour refresh but will not lighten or darken your result.
3. Saturate the hair with colour
4. Leave colour on for up to 45 minutes
5. Try not to wash your hair 2-3 days after colouring